The Engeering Lead is responsible for leading the acquisition, design, integration, and validation testing of four (4) or more C4ISR systems on multiple vehicle platforms. Assisting with any relevant technical sections in documents that must be submitted for review/approval will be necessary.
- Develops the design to integrate the hardware design solutions for various C4ISR systems into prototype vehicles.
- Conducts Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on newly designed mounting solutions to include metalwork assemblies/modified OEM bracketry, ensuring requirements are met in accordance with MIL-STD-810G Ground Vehicle Random Vibration (MIL-STD-810G, Proc 514.6), Functional Shock (MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6, Proc I) and Crash Hazard Shock (MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6, Proc V).
- Oversees drafting and procurement processes to procure/fabricate all necessary metalwork assemblies/bracketry, cables, hardware, consumables, and any other miscellaneous items required
- to perform prototype vehicle integrations.
- Perform system functionality tests before, during, and after C4ISR integration to verify proper installation on the vehicular platform, and supports testing activities at SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic’s Radio Frequency (RF) Test Facility (Poseidon Park) facility to include Radiation Hazard (Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Personnel [HERP], Fuel [HERF], and Ordnance [HERO], Co-Site, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), and Antenna Pattern analysis.
- Supports all efforts associated with First Article Testing (FAT) and shall conduct a Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) of all components/items within the hardware design solution.
- Provides subject-matter expertise on C4ISR system prototype/integration on tactical vehicles; conducting research and providing sound engineering recommendations for complex technical issues relating to integration, fielding, sustainment, and maintenance.
- Works projects in conjunction with SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic engineers to validate planned Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) to ensure they do not impact other GFE systems and to prove the interoperability of the changes with other C4ISR systems.
- Documents formal issues requiring resolution in the form of a Technical Information Report (TIR), and provides to the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).