BRTRC Federal Solutions is seeking a Financial Management / Budget Execution Analyst to provide support and quality customer services for our government client at the Pentagon.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess thorough knowledge of the DoD financial systems infrastructure and procedures throughout all phases of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) system
- Provide support with all phases of the PPBE process, meeting all OSD mandated timelines for submission of PPBE related documents.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing the Program Objectives Memorandum and Budget Estimate Submission, to include developing change/budget proposals, corresponding issue nominations, and detailed budget justification material (R-Forms, P-Forms, etc.).
- Preparing analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of programs and operations, and analyze financial and budgetary trends.
- Preparing documents and briefings for review and use by DoD senior leadership.
- Reviewing statements of work and required funding documentation for approved projects.
- Monitoring DoD program execution, including submission of required documentation for release of funding; follow up on distribution of funding, monitoring of obligation and disbursement rates for funded projects, and documentation of annual expenditures.
- Assisting in preparation of required documentation to support the DoD PPBE process, to include but not limited to Research and Development Descriptive Summary (R1-R4), Budget Issue Papers, and Support documentation for Program Decision Memorandum.
- Preparing and participating in Mid-Year reviews and other PPBE meetings as required.
- Assisting in identifying baseline financial processes and designing target financial and business processes and procedures that, when implemented, can result in significant improvements in mission and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in preparing audit readiness preparing associated documentation.
Skills in DoD acquisition and PPBE process at the DoD and/or service component Headquarters level desired. Knowledge of funding execution processes, DoD organization and structure, particularly R&D structure of Services and Combatant Commands COCOM(s) highly desired.