BRTRC Federal Solutions is seeking a results-driven, self starting, team-oriented and technologically savvy candidate to provide superior Technical Writing, Strategic Communications and daily mission support to our government client at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is contingent on contract funding and government approval.
The selected individual will be a strategic thinker with strong verbal, written, and editing skills who will collect data, perform analysis and summaries, and prepare timely, quality products on a consistent basis with minimal oversight or correction.
• Select, consolidate, extensively edit and rewrite complex information from various subject matter experts to clearly express content’s significance at a general officer level
• Tailor written content to express Command’s desired messaging to stakeholders to include a two-star and a four-star general
• Compile information of scientific and technical nature while analyzing and shaping content to convey the Command’s strategic messaging
• Serve as subject matter expert for written communication
• Create, maintain and distribute related style guides, procedures, templates, and Operation Orders
• Assist with preparation of PowerPoint slides and development of presentations
• Provide broad-level support to classified and unclassified meetings by coordinating, facilitating, and/or attending meetings, building slide decks, briefing senior leaders, capturing taskings, writing executive summaries/information papers/white papers and other related tasks
• Maintain databases to enhance organizational effectiveness
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field preferred
• Active DoD security clearance
• Superb communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to effectively and accurately communicate across all levels of an organization
• Strong analytical skills to accurately screen and compile information from numerous sources into well-written products
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on PowerPoint
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
Active duty military experience or prior experience working with the military is a plus.
This position requires an individual who can adapt to a fast-paced environment and the ability to successfully manage competing priorities. Organizational skills, accountability, and flexibility are essential qualities for success.
We offer a competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and a professional work environment.