- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications is required; Graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, or Media is preferred.
- Five (5) years' experience in communications, public relations, and/or Journalism at the DoD and/or service component Headquarters level.
- Strong social media skills and the ability to develop and carry out social media communication strategies.
- Must possess excellent customer relations skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with and for senior-level DoD officials and assist them in the process of communicating the organization’s message.
- Excellent professional writing skills and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Demonstrated competence in research and planning skills to support outreach activities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and track tasks, and develop well-written business correspondence and reports.
- Some travel may be required.
- Current DoD security clearance.
BRTRC offers a competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and a professional work environment.